The crate run at the Dennis Point Wharf. ERIC BOURQUE PHOTO
The West Pubnico Acadian Festival, Chez-nous à Pombcoup, takes place July 30-Aug. 5. The following is a schedule of events.
• From July 30 to Aug 5 there will be a painting exhibit and sale at le Musée des Acadiens des Pubnicos. For information contact 762-3380. Admission is $3.
Monday, July 30:
• 1 p.m. – Teddy Bear Picnic: Children bring their favorite bears, especially those who need first aid. Bearamedic will be present. The paramedics will give the children safety tips. At Le Village historique acadien de la Nouvelle Ecosse. Free event.
• 5:30 p.m. – Treasure Hunt: Search for treasures in the community and bring back digital photos of these items. Two people per team. Register at the Village. Cost is $2 per person. Contact: 762-2530.
• 7:30 p.m. – Chantensemble, at St Peter’s Church. Adults $10, students $6.
Tuesday, July 31:
• 11 a.m. – Sidewalk chalk drawing for children. No pre-registration. Free BBQ for participants and parents at the Credit Union. (Sponsored by Coastal Financial Credit Union.) Contact: 762-2372.
• 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Relay races for youth from 12 to 15 years of age at École Pubnico-Ouest. Sneakers required. Pre-register at 762-3231. This is a free event.
Wednesday, Aug. 1:
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – 7th Annual Quilt Exposition and Sale (200+) at St. Peter’s Church. For info contact the museum at 762-3380. Cost is $5/per person, $10/family.
• 5:30 p.m. – Men’s lob ball game at Ultramar ball field. Bring friends for a fun ‘’scrub’’ game. For info call 762-2497.
• 8 p.m. – Family Feud: At the Centre de Pombcoup. Enter a team or laugh at the antics of others put on the spot. $6 cost. 19 and over, open bar. For info contact the village: 762-2530.
Thursday, Aug. 2:
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - 7th Annual Quilt Exposition and Sale at St. Peter’s Church $3/per person, $7/family.
• 5 p.m – Golf Scramble at West Pubnico Golf and Country Club. Cost is $2/member, $12/non-member. For info: 762-2115. (Sponsored by MacDonald Chisholm Trask Insurance.)
Friday, Aug. 3:
• 7-9 a.m. – Breakfast Ladies Auxiliary Fire Department at Centre de Pombcoup. $8/adult, $4/child, 5 and under is free.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 7th Annual Quilt Exposition and Sale (200+) at St. Peter’s Church. $5/per person, $10/family. For info contact the museum at 762-3380.
• 6 p.m. – Ladies lob ball game at Ultramar ballfield. Bring friends for a fun ‘’scrub’’ game. Contact: 762-2687.
• 7:30 p.m. – Kitchen party, Centre de Pombcoup (firehall). Music by local artists, Acadian songs. Snack, tea, coffee or juice. $5 per person. Contact: 762-3380.
Saturday, Aug. 4:
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Activities at Dennis Point Wharf. Competitions for adults and youth: fishing, crate runs, cardboard boat building and racing (sponsored by Pleasant Supplies and TimBRmart), Music and food.
Sunday, Aug. 5:
• 1-4 p.m. – Craft Day at Musée (under the tents). Info: 762-2230
Activities will include:
* Sale and demonstrations of traditional crafts.
*Horse rides with Kelly Hartley – free. (Sponsored by Paul d’Entremont Marine Ltd.)
*Fish tank and aquaculture information booth, (DFO)
*Info Waste Check
In case of rain event will take place at Centre de Pombcoup (Firehall)
• 8 p.m. – Evening on the Hill at Le Village historique acadien. Entertainment and fireworks. Canteen available: hotdogs, chips, pop. Fireworks sponsors are: Le Village historique acadien de la Nouvelle-Écosse and Le Réveil de Pombcoup; CIBC Wood Gundy, Saunders Wealth Advisory Group
Other festival sponsors include:
Harbour Authority of Dennis Pt.
Municipality of Argyle
Destination South West Nova Association.