Fire contained to upstairs bedroom

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Firefighters were able to quickly contain a fire to an upstairs bedroom at a home on Lakeside Road on the evening of Monday, July 23.

A call went out to the Yarmouth Fire Department just before 7 p.m. The department responded with several trucks and arrived on the scene to find smoke coming out of an upstairs window.

A curling iron left on a futon is believed to have started the fire.

Deputy Chief John Wainwright said the family had arrived home to discover the fire. There were no injuries. Firefighters got the family’s cats out safely when they arrived on the scene.

Organizations: Yarmouth Fire Department

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page