The Comeauville home of 55-year-old Laurent Paul “Sticky” Bourque was searched April 21 during an Yarmouth/Clare RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit. The Digby RCMP GIS and RCMP Police Dog Services assisted the investigation.
According to the release, officers seized unspecified amounts of crack cocaine, marihuana products, prescription pills, a loaded sawed-off shotgun, cash and surveillance equipment.
Other substances were seized and are currently unidentified. They have been sent to the RCMP lab for testing.
Bourque was arrested April 21 and held in custody from until April 24. He appeared in Digby Provincial Court on the 24 and was charged with the following:
· three counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
· Careless Use of a Firearm
· Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
· Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device, and
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
Bourque has since been released on conditions, and is due back in court May 15.
The investigation is ongoing.