WEST PUBNICO – Shirley d'Entremont is the first member from the West Pubnico Golf Club to serve as president of the Nova Scotia Golf Association and the third female president to assume the office since amalgamation of the association in 2006.
D’Entremont is the 61st president of the association. Her election took place at the annual fall meeting held Oct. 26 at the Glen Arbour Golf Club.
D’Entremont served as the Women's President in West Pubnico in 2010 and has served as an NSGA Membership Director along with the positions of 1st and 2nd vice president. She is active with the Yarmouth Hospital Foundation and resides in Lower Pubnico with her husband Carl.
The following members will comprise the 2014-2015 NSGA Board of Directors:
• President - Shirley d'Entremont, West Pubnico
• Vice President - Ernie Muise, Clare
• 2nd Vice President - Garry Beattie, Ashburn
• Past President - John Horton, Ken-Wo
• Secretary/Treasurer - Jen Thompson, Brightwood
• Course Rating Director - John Horton
• Tournament Director - Bill MacMillan, Hartlen Point
• Rules Director - Linda Bennett, NSPP
• Player Development Director - Rob Collins, Clare
• Membership Director - Sara Wilson, NSPPC
• Historian - Alan Dunlop, NSPP
• Handicap Director - David Acker, Ken-Wo
• Junior Director - Stephen Patterson, NSPPC