YARMOUTH, N.S. – EMO Argyle continues to assist residents with resources and options for those who are significantly affected by this year’s drought conditions.
And as this assistance continues, EMO Argyle is extending thanks to the retailers and their staff and the volunteer fire departments who are going above and beyond in helping with the assistance.
For immediate updates on the ongoing situation, visit and ‘like’ the EMO Argyle Facebook Page. EMO Argyle is providing the following assistance:
The Municipality has a supply of 4L jugs of drinking water to be given to residents. There is a 16L limit per household per pickup. Pick up locations are as follows:
• Carl’s Store, Tusket
• La Shoppe à Carl, Wedgeport
• Co-op De La Tour, Lower West Pubnico
• East Pubnico Fire Hall, East Pubnico – Mondays and Thursday from 6-8 p.m.
• East Keptville Fire Hall, Kemptville
• Surette’s Island Fire Hall, Surette’s Island
• Eel Brook Service Centre Eel Brook
Residents are required to give their name, phone number and civic address before receiving the water.
Non-drinking water is now available to the public to fill small or large containers at the following locations:
• Wedgeport Legion, 24 Corporon Rd, Wedgeport
• East Pubnico Fire Hall, 33 Willet Rd, Middle East Pubnico
• Mariners Centre (Back of Centre), 45 Jody Shelley Dr, Yarmouth
• Former Arcadia School, 10177 Highway 3, Arcadia
• 150 d’Entremont Road, West Pubnico (Located by Captain’s Choice Sign)
More water sources may be established and as details are confirmed, the public will be notified.
Through its Public Works Department the municipality will take requests for water delivery for those with mobility, transportation or medical issues. Those who require this service can call 902-648-2623 or request the service through Homecare or the Senior Safety Coordinator.
Showers are available for public use at:
• École Belleville (84 Belleville Street, Belleville) from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
• École Pubnico-Ouest (811 Highway 335, West Pubnico) from 2-7 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
• École secondaire de Par-en-Bas (4258 Highway 308, Tusket) from 4-8 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
• East Pubnico Fire Hall (33 Willet Road, Middle East Pubnico) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Showers for public use are also available at the Mariners Centre. Check their Facebook page for date and times they are open.
More facilities may be made available to the public for the use of showers at a later date. As details are confirmed, the public will be notified.
Compiling list of those with issues
The municipality urges its residents to continue updating them on their situation so that the can get a clear picture of how many are affected by this dry summer, and what further actions may need to be taken. They appreciate all those who have offered to help in any way possible and encourage everyone to do the same.