Top News

Yarmouth high school evacuated during short-lived fire

A short-lived fire at the Yarmouth High School is believed to have been caused by toilet paper that was lit. It caused considerable smoke damage to the washroom.
A short-lived fire at the Yarmouth High School is believed to have been caused by toilet paper that was lit. It caused considerable smoke damage to a washroom. - Carla Allen

RCMP called after charred rolls of toilet paper discovered as source of fire

YARMOUTH, N.S. —

Students and staff at Yarmouth high school were evacuated from the building briefly, just before 3 p.m. on Nov. 5, after being notified of a fire in the school.

Yarmouth firefighters responded and discovered considerable smoke damage from toilet paper that had been lit in one of the washrooms. Platoon chief Hank Nickerson says the RCMP had been notified in connection with the matter. 

A short-lived blaze at the Yarmouth High School is believed to have been caused by toilet paper set on fire. It caused considerable smoke damage to a washroom.
A short-lived fire at the Yarmouth High School is believed to have been caused by toilet paper that was lit. It caused considerable smoke damage to a washroom.
Yarmouth high school students and staff return to the building after receiving permission from firefighters. A short-lived blaze is believed to have been caused by toilet paper set on fire. It caused considerable smoke damage to a washroom.
Yarmouth high school students and staff return to the building after receiving permission from firefighters. A short-lived fire is believed to have been caused by toilet paper set on fire. It caused considerable smoke damage to a washroom.

Recent Stories