At least one subcontractor - Germain Mechanical & Electrical Ltd. – pulled their workers off the job Thursday and Friday because of money owed from the government since May.
“They’re not going back unless we get our money,” said Curt Goudey, one of the company’s owners.
He says the bill to date is at least $1.2 million.
- Read more special articles :
- - High school: Lawyer says show us the money
- - Province needs to sort out high school issue, says lawyer
- - Board says classes will start Sept. 10 at high school
- - School board says new high school on track
The school is supposed to open on Sept. 10, later than others in the region. However, work remains to be done and a final inspection must be completed.
“It’s time that people realized who is at fault here,” said Goudey.