WILMOT, NS – Firefighters were able to knock down a garage fire quickly and keep it from spreading to two nearby homes on Arthur Lane in Wilmot Tuesday evening.
The Feb. 27 fire may have been caused when a generator caught fire or exploded, Middleton deputy fire chief Scott Veinot said at the scene after speaking to the homeowner.
Veinot said the homeowner had been in the garage and had just gone into his home when a few minutes later a neighbor informed him his garage was on fire.
One witness said the original flames were as high as a nearby utility pole.
Firefighters from Kingston, Nictaux, and Lawrencetown helped Middleton at the scene of the blaze that was called in just after 8:30 p.m.
Arthur Lane is located off Burke Drive in Wilmot across from Frenchys.