It was a first-ever checkered flag for Ian Deviller at the Aug. 20 Lake Doucette Motor Speedway races and his excitement was evident.
LAKE DOUCETTE, N.S. – As the season continues to wind down, the next day of races at Lake Doucette Motor Speedway will be Sunday, Sept. 3.
This race day is also Fan Appreciation Day and a 4 cylinder race car will be given away. Other giveaways will include pictures of the drivers, in addition to other giveaways. People will also have the opportunity to meet and greet the drivers on the track. Jessica Betts will be singing the national anthem at the track.
Races get underway at 1 p.m.
The following are the results from the last race day, which was Aug. 20.
• 4 Cyl Men: 1st Trevor Penney, 2nd Michael Power, 3rd Isaac Comeau
• 4 Cyl Women: 1st Tam MacPhee, 2nd Alicia White, 3rd Barb Morris
• V8 Stock: 1st Jason Morris, 2nd Willard Hurlbert, 3rd Shaun Burke
• Sportsmen: 1st Steve MacPhee, 2nd JP Arsenault, 3rd Paul Morris
• 4 Cyl Men: 1st Isaac Comeau, 2nd Dominique Hanna, 3rd Trevor Penney
• 4 Cyl Women: 1st Barb Morris, 2nd Alicia White, 3rd Rachelle Muise
• V8 Stock: 1st Jason Morris, 2nd Willard Hurlbert, 3rd Marc d’Entremont
• Sportsmen: 1st Steve MacPhee, 2nd Justin Goodwin, 3rd JP Arsenault
• 4 Cyl Women: 1st #73 Barb Morris; 2nd #2 Alicia White; 3rd #11 Rachelle Muise
• V8 Stock: 1st #24 Ian Deviller; 2nd #101 Willard Hurlbert; 3rd #8 Shaun Burke
• Sportsmen: 1st #0 JP Arsenault; 2nd #53 Steve MacPhee; 3rd #37 Shaun Burke
FEATURE ELIMINATION RACE
4 Cyl Men’s feature elimination race: 1st #69 Isaac Comeau; 2nd #18 Trevor Penney; 3rd #34 Freeman d’Entremont. Meteghan Pharmasave sponsored the elimination race.
After this weekend the last race day of the season will be on Sunday, Sept. 17. The day is tagged as Fun Day and awards for the season will be handed out.
IF YOU GO TO THE RACES
Lake Doucette Motor Speedway is a half mile paved oval located between Digby and Yarmouth at Exit 32 on Highway 101 (Hectanooga/Salmon River exit). Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for kids, and free for the “little ones.”